forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
rosalie4646
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime and Netflix not working properly

Over the past week or so at times one or all 3 of my Virgin boxes wont play Prime or Netflix.  It logs in and then when you select a programme the timer comes on and the screen then turns black.    What is going on.  I have only had Virgin TV for 6 months and I really think it is a poor service - ie  intermittent problems with Netflix and Amazon Prime, not all of a box set appearing at the same time, no Sky Atlantic, no All 4, no Film 4 etc.  When I signed up I was told that all the channels I had on Sky previously would be available.  They are not, which is irritating, along with the poor Netflix and Amazon Prime service.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime and Netflix not working properly

Go back to Sky if you think the grass is greener, by the way do you have a V6 box or an older TiVo as that will make a difference 

0 Kudos
rosalie4646
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• Thank you for your thoughtful response.
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

These apps need a good connection to the hub, best done with Ethernet cables.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 or Tivo or both?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rosalie4646
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All three of our boxes are wired connections to the hub. I have rebooted the boxes and that seems to have worked, for now but I'm not confident it will last .Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

two people have asked what box do you have, as it makes a difference to the answer.
0 Kudos
rosalie4646
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes

0 Kudos
RKB2018
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We've been having the same issues for a couple of weeks now too - both Netflix and Amazon Prime through the TV are intermittently playing up. I can usually start a programme and then only a few minutes in it all crashes saying there is 'something wrong' or 'a problem trying to show the title'. Sometimes the apps don't want to load or take a long time.

This issue is only when we try to watch on our TV, there is no issue on ipads or anything. Restarting the apps don't always work. It is not a problem with the internet connection as that has all been tested and all other devices still work fine. 

This is getting really frustrating now to not be able to watch properly on our TV. And the fact it is happening on both Netflix and Amazon Prime, and only on our TV not on other devices means it's a Virgin Media issue (and as I can tell from the other posts about this, it is a common issue). 

How can I get in touch with someone to fix the problem?

0 Kudos