Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Am I a new customer?

I have been with Sky TV for over 30 years, but, VM are offering some good deals at the moment. I have had VM broadband for about 11 months, but, have never had a TV package. I contacted VM to get the Ultimate Oomph package but was told that I couldn’t have the deal as I already have VM broadband. I could fully understand if I currently had a TV package with VM. Has anybody had a similar experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Am I a new customer?

You are not a new customer. You are an existing customer adding a new service. So while you might get some discounting on the TV part you are adding by going from 2 services to 3, you won’t get new discounts to your existing services.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your speedy reply. I just find it strange that VM aren’t keen to attract my custom from Sky. I will just have to vote with my feet and cancel the broadband contract which only has a few weeks to run anyway. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can cancel but you stiill wont get a new deal until you have been away for 3 months

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I wasn’t thinking of returning. My TV package is currently with Sky so I will just move my broadband over to them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sounds like a plan. you can give 30 days notice 30 days before the end of your contract.

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I only have about 40 days left of my broadband contract so will cancel at the end of February.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CJ1878,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry you're unhappy with the price. All customers when they join the service receive a welcome offer. After this offer ends, we'd always then offer the best price for the package requested.

I do hope there is an offer that suits you soon as we'd hate to see you leave us. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No problem, John. Thank you for replying. It was a big decision to move from Sky TV to Virgin TV and I thought that I would be welcomed with open arms. I would love to give Virgin TV a try, but, I am unwilling to pay £20 a month more compared to other Virgin TV newbies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@CJ1878 wrote:

I only have about 40 days left of my broadband contract so will cancel at the end of February.

When you call to cancel they have to eventually connect you to the UK "cancellations department" - they are the people who are empowered to offer you their best deal to stay.  Worth some time negotiating "pleasantly" to see if they can offer you something satisfactory.  Also, they always used to call you back during the 30 day period with one "last chance offer" - although it seems that they are not doing that as often recently - but will depend of course on how hard they want to keep you 😀

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.