Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Almost an hour (and waiting!) on hold to cancel!

So I called VM to cancel my services and was through to someone within 30 seconds - great, or so I thought. My bill for 7/9/19 - 6/10/19 had generated and even though it's 16/8/19 they were demanding I paid this balance which isn't due until September. I pointed this out, and the fact that upon cancelling my services won't run this far ahead and was finally transferred to cancellations. Though 50 minutes into the call and still on hold as I write this... I'm a bit reluctant to hang up in case I have to go through this hold time again another day, but wth?! This can't be right? Is there another way to cancel? It can't be legal for Virgin Media to simply block people from ever cancelling by simply not answering the phone and giving no other obvious way to cancel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost an hour (and waiting!) on hold to cancel!

Good luck with that. I am in the same sorry situation. Appalling customer service! 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here! I gave up after 50 minutes (!!!!) on hold.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you call in - 08.00-11.00 is generally the best time.
Or, drop into your local VM High street store with i.d. and account proof/details and cancel with the manager in there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
If you call in - 08.00-11.00 is generally the best time.
Or, drop into your local VM High street store with i.d. and account proof/details and cancel with the manager in there.

not sure where that advice has come from - its wrong - all the store manager or any staff can do is let you use their phone - they cannot cancel your account 

info above checked with mods earlier

Tony
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If all else fails, I think that you can write in via snail mail. Best to send recorded delivery. Address can be found by clicking on contact us at bottom of page.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am holding for nearly an hour to get through. It's truly APPALLING costumer services. It took 45 mins for them to answer last week. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To cancel your account it needs to be done by phone they need to know you are the account holder 150 from VM landline options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving us they open at 8am if you can call as early as possible this should hopefully reduce your wait time. You also have to give 30 days notice for an account to be cancelled and if your contract has not run it’s full term they can hit you with a cancellation fee. Best of luck