Menu
VenomSwitch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All of my channels appear as ‘to be announced’ in the guide and the guide ‘preview’ when watching.

Everything by bbc, itv, c4 including bbc4, itvBe etc etc. Programs still playing fine, just can’t view the guide? 

0 Kudos
Jroberts11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: All of my channels appear as ‘to be announced’ in the guide and the guide ‘preview’ when watching.

Hello

Please go to settings, network settings and connect to virgin media services.

This will retrieve information for your box, as long as you have a network connection.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: All of my channels appear as ‘to be announced’ in the guide and the guide ‘preview’ when watching.

hi
Do you have broadband, if yes is it working fine?
Have you tried rebooting the box?
Do you have another tv box in the house and if yes is that one working fine?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VenomSwitch
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

yes, broadband is working fine as is the phone. We have tried rebooting and even restore factory settings but still ‘to be announced on all channels we watch, as I said we can watch the shows but no guide. We don’t have another box. 

0 Kudos
VenomSwitch
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

‘Preparing’ and ‘connecting’ stages are successful, ‘getting info’ fails with reason: “connection interrupted”. (Press okay for more information)... “the connection was interrupted(N11). May be a temporary problem with your home network or internet. Wait a few minutes and try again.” 

However we have done this 3 times and the same result? 

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have the V6 or TiVO?
When you go to settings, network settings and connect to virgin media services does it complete all 5 stages?

0 Kudos
VenomSwitch
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think it is TiVo, I noted the events of the 5 connection steps above. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Robert_P1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it sounds like the box has lost network connection and you might need a replacement which you can do by logging into your myvirginmedia account and use the chat. It will be sent to you by post and it will be a matter of unplugging the old box and plug in the new one

0 Kudos
VenomSwitch
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think the box is ~8 years old, we need a new one anyway because it is frustratingly slow. 

This is not my house, I’m in a self-isolation situation with my family due to obvious reasons, so I don’t have too much info but we definitely need a new box. 

I will have a look on myVirginmedia as you suggested. 

Thankyou. 

0 Kudos