Menu
RAMelaugh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All 4 and Walter presents

Why is there no All 4 app and no access to Walter Presents?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: All 4 and Walter presents

Providing apps is the responsibility of the broadcaster & not VM, & is done at the broadcasters expence.

VM has a legacy CATV OD playout system that costs broadcasters far less to use, but can carry far less content.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Although there is no All4 app, and therefore no access to the full content of it, including Walter Presents (which I'm interested in too), there are often boxsets for a few of the Walter Presents shows in amongst the Channel 4 section of the On-Demand menu. It's usually just for one or two Walter Presents shows at a time, but it's better than nothing.

For example Ride Upon The Storm, Deutschland 83 and Deutschland 86 boxsets are all available right now.

RAMelaugh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that info. I can access All 4 using Roku but having gone to the expense of getting Virgin Media and Virgin TV I would like to have the catchup apps all in the one place and dispense with Roku. I don't recall seeing any warnings about there being no All 4 app on the Virgin website or in their advertising.

Perhaps we should find a way of encouraging Channel 4 to provide Virgin with the app.

cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@RAMelaugh wrote:

Thank you for that info. I can access All 4 using Roku but having gone to the expense of getting Virgin Media and Virgin TV I would like to have the catchup apps all in the one place and dispense with Roku. I don't recall seeing any warnings about there being no All 4 app on the Virgin website or in their advertising.

Perhaps we should find a way of encouraging Channel 4 to provide Virgin with the app.

Catch-Up for Channel 4 channels has increased from 7 days to 30 days in the last month or two on Virgin Media, so it shows progress, and possibly hints at more to come.

VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@RAMelaugh wrote:

As the ITV Hub app was recently added to Virgin Media, so we always can hope that the All4 an My5 apps may also be coming in the future.

cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@VMViewer wrote:

@RAMelaugh wrote:

As the ITV Hub app was recently added to Virgin Media, so we always can hope that the All4 an My5 apps may also be coming in the future.

Since you have the ITV Hub app can you answer me a question please, does the VM version have content from ITV2/3/4/CITV?

I only ask as being in Scotland I have the STV Player app instead, and it doesn't do the other ITV channel's content.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yep! It does all the ITV channels.

The normal ITV app on other devices requires a login as certain shows are blocked from viewing in Scotland. I assume ITV would have to develop a separate app for use in Scotland, as VM boxes don’t have a stored postcode to work from.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

Yep! It does all the ITV channels.

The normal ITV app on other devices requires a login as certain shows are blocked from viewing in Scotland. I assume ITV would have to develop a separate app for use in Scotland, as VM boxes don’t have a stored postcode to work from.

Thanks. I'm wondering how long they'll continue using VM's On-Demand system for the other ITV channels in Scotland.

0 Kudos
RAMelaugh
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I contacted Channel 4 and had the following reply.

Unfortunately, All 4 on Virgin Media is Catch-Up only. We must advise that we have no current plans to add an All 4 App to this platform. Nevertheless, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to express your interest in seeing this made available, as we at Channel 4 are always looking for ways to improve our service. Please be advised that we have taken a note of your comments for the attention of the All 4 engineers.

0 Kudos