forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
oldfield
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

All 4 App Buffering / Freezing on V6 box

Hi Everyone

We have a V6 box, and in August we signed up to All4 the Channel4 on demand app.

We have watched many programmes and sets successfully - except that it has an irritating habit of freezing for a minute or so, at random. The little line of 4 squares appear in the middle of the screen and the yellow highlight dances along it so it looks like it's buffering. It normally does it at least once in a programme and then springs back into life and is OK for the rest of the episode.

We don't have the same issue on anything else.

Yesterday it was worse than usual  with a couple of long freezes per episode and also lengthy periods of stuttering which made it difficult to continue watching - anyone know if this is a common issue with All4 , is there a fix please?!:)

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: All 4 App Buffering / Freezing on V6 box

When you say you "don't have this issue with anything else", do you mean that other streaming apps and OnDemand programmes, are ok?

That would tend to suggest the issue is with the All-4 app, in that case...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
oldfield
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: All 4 App Buffering / Freezing on V6 box

Hi - sorry I should have been clearer - 

Yes that seems to be the case we use BBC iPlayer and Netflix OK, only All4 has this problem. I just wondered if anyone else had had that issue and if they managed to get it sorted by resetting something or dunking the V6 in a bucket of vinegar or whatever

0 Kudos