Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After sales care

I understand everyone will have varying experiences with Virgin, However on the whole we cant wait for our 12 month contract to end so we can go back to SKY, poor Wi-Fi speeds, so hard to contact- but they have my money so there not interested and i was told id received a free TV...........still waiting. On the forums they'll pretend they care and want to help but its false , also we had limited services for a week when 1st installed but got reduction in bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: After sales care

So what technical help are you looking for on this "Help Forum"?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just peoples opinions on Wi-Fi speeds, to see if boosters were recommended or any other fixes, along with if anyone had delays wither their TV delivery and even maybe Virgin answering and being able to assist as I've no real assistance

Is that OK John??  Surely if you cant help or offer any insight then "Carry on with your life-Unless this is your life"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gmo76,

If you are having broadband issues then you should create a post in the Networking-and-WiFi  forum. 

WiFi speeds aren't guaranteed, however if you posts your stats there then the guru wizards can have a look and offer advice to improve the perfomance.

They will also give their opinion on if WiFi boosters will help with your connection, or if you should try a different router etc.

However, first try to improve your wifi performance by doing the following:-

Log in to the Hub using the WiFi network name and Settings password on the base of your router

Then go to

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz

Following doing that  you can check your broadband performance and hopefully see if there any errors or ways in speed can be increased.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

It it also a good idea to set up a BQM: ( Broadband Quality Monitor)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality 

Once you create an account you have to start a new monitor which will show any problems on your connection.

Regarding your free TV, you don't state when your connection with VM was enabled, however the following page details the timescales involved 

virgin-media-free-gifts 

At the moment it's taking slightly longer than normal due to a shortage of supply, and also slower delivery times due to UK Mail.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gmo76

Thanks for posting and apologies for the service issues. I can see that you've spoke to the team today who've done a back office form regarding the TV and the marketing team will be looking into this for you. Their normal timescales are 24-72 hours and they'll come back to the agent you spoke to with the answer. They should then contact you directly.

There is also very low upstream so we'd need a technician to come out. 

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gmo76, can you respond to my PM 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Gmo76 wrote:

Just peoples opinions on Wi-Fi speeds, to see if boosters were recommended or any other fixes, along with if anyone had delays wither their TV delivery and even maybe Virgin answering and being able to assist as I've no real assistance

Is that OK John??  Surely if you cant help or offer any insight then "Carry on with your life-Unless this is your life"

I can only help if you had said what the technical issues were - you didn't - so I didn't.  Back to my life.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos