Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Additional V6 box cost

I'm currently on the full house movies package with 2 v6 boxes (350M Bb and talk weekends)

I would like to add a 3rd v6 box.

i cannot find a genuine price for adding a 3rd box.

it seems you have to 'barter' with retention so for a good offer - WHY!!

i have been a good customer for 20+ years - and still the best offers are for 'new' customers only!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional V6 box cost

Hi,

The standard price for an additional V6 box is £7.50 per month, plus a one off £49.95 installation fee. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See below for the "gospel". You are correct re best offers because its standard practice across the industry - as the government wants to support competition on the market place. But, if you are "out of contract" and call "retentions" they will always offer you better deal and a "loyal customer discount" (mine is £10/mo atm) as they always want to retain customers. If you say you are planning to cancel, as the Sky deals for 3 boxes are so much cheaper - they will probably discount the prices shown below - in lieu of you agreeing a new 12mo contract. Its a game I actually look forward to playing every year when my contract ends and they want to up the price. If you dont get a deal you like - call again on a different day at a different time to get a different agent and a different deal.

--------------
Set up fee £25.00 applies.

Virgin TV V6 box: There is a £99.95 fee for existing customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 plus £25 set up fee. Virgin TV V6 box is free to new customers taking their first Virgin TV V6, but the £25 set up fee applies. New VIP customers get second Virgin TV V6 box for free (plus £25 set up fee). Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available for £99.95 plus £25 set up fee plus £7.50 per month. Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available to new customers for £49.95 plus £25 set up fee plus £7.50 per month.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think VM must have changed their retention policy! My brother is in the middle of switching to Sky because VM offered him absolute zero incentive to continue paying for their phone, broadband and tv services.
It sounds like more of us will be voting with our feet at end of contract. We'd be fools to stay when Sky offer new customer incentives.
I'm seriously considering just getting a broadband package from someone and using Freeview, Freesat (already have old Sky dish), NowTV, Amazon and Netflix to get Sky Sports and Cinema on a pay as you go basis. Has to be cheaper than the £150+ per month VM are currently getting from me!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ynysygwas wrote:
I think VM must have changed their retention policy! My brother is in the middle of switching to Sky because VM offered him absolute zero incentive to continue paying for their phone, broadband and tv services.
It sounds like more of us will be voting with our feet at end of contract. We'd be fools to stay when Sky offer new customer incentives.

New customer deals are there to get people to switch. The industry regulators, steered by your elected representatives in Whitehall want to see healthy figures of people switching provider so they give the illusion competition in the sector is working. Hence VM don’t mind dumping you if you don’t want to pay the going rate. Someone will come the other way in a minute & replace you because they are fed up with Sky’s increasing prices.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos