iam452
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Additional V6 Box and Additional 500GB Box issues

Original set up was a V6 Box in living room and last week we added 

V6 box in bedroom

500GB Box in Kids room

Everything was working great before installation and now both V6 boxes seem glitchy when connecting to each other and the 500GB box is VERY slow when connecting to Netflix & Youtube

All boxes connect through WIFI

Also now the landline is showing as line busy when we phone it and can't make calls out...

Tried for several days to call Virgin but after 1 hour waits each time we are thinking about just cancelling the whole thing... Please help

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional V6 Box and Additional 500GB Box issues

1) 500Gb TiVO boxes are not WiFi capable. They have their own internal modem for internet services which is known to be slow & problematic.

2) The V6 boxes need a solid WiFi connection. If WiFi is congested due to neighbours hubs it will struggle to stream effectively. The best thing to have is a wired connection, either via Ethernet or Powerline connections. Failing that if you can force the box onto 5Ghz WiFi it should perform better.

3) The landline problem is sounding like a fault & not the result of the upgrade.

There is a text assistance number 0753 305 1809. Use this & it should result in a callback. Or you can wait here for a Staff Forum Team member to respond. This may take a couple of days.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional V6 Box and Additional 500GB Box issues

Hi iam452,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your services. I've managed to find some details and both the TV boxes look fine. Can I ask whether they are okay when watching live channels? I've had a look at the broadband network side and everything looks okay except that your WiFi 2.4Ghz is looking a bit "iffy". 

Can you look at the last post on this thread from @jbrennand and see if you can split your 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz networks to see if it improves?

Regarding your telephone line, can you tell us more such as whether you have a dial tone and whether you can receive calls? What happens when you try and make a call?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos