Menu
Leigh5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Activating 2nd Tivo box

Rapidly losing patience, please help! Had a 2nd Tivo box installed last weekend. It has an error code 7400 which means box not activated. I have tried many times to contact virgin. No joy on online services and when I phone and actually manage to speak to someone I get passed from one department to another, spending a long time on hold only for the tech dept to hang up before I get to speak to them. I'm sure it's an easy fix, I just need someone to deal with it! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating 2nd Tivo box

This probably won't be what you want to hear, but...

If https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 online advice hasn't resolved this, then you will be best calling 0800 9539500 to resolve this. Box activations can't be done via this forum.

Is thia a multiroom box, if so does your package definitely include the multiroom subscription? You can check your contract-package using "myVirgin Media" online and see if this is included or not?

Are you sure you're quoting the activations agent the correct box serial number, meaning the activation hits could be going to the wrong box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Leigh5
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating 2nd Tivo box

Hi japitts, tried to call the number you said, call cancels straight away same as 789. A virgin engineer installed my extra tivo box and left while it was updating. Unfortunately it didn't get activated so I have very few channels and a constant error message. I have been a virgin subscriber for 10 years and I am now so fed up I tried to cancel my service but can't even do that. I have never known customer service as bad as this.

0 Kudos