Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

About 20 tv channels show signal problem (code W02) Remaining channels OK

I have the full package. Recently a number of channels have stopped working showing signal problem code W02. All other channels seem ok. The first two problem channels are 5 (105) and E4 (106). Broadband seems ok. Cable connections seem ok.

I live in a block of flats and wonder if there is a problem with the master connection to the building

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: About 20 tv channels show signal problem (code W02) Remaining channels OK

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 this is generally caused by an incoming signal issue. Can you check if any of the following channels are also affected, whichever you receive:

S4C HD, Film4-HD, Sky History 2 HD, Sky Sports NFL HD, Sky Sports F1 HD, StarPlus HD (these share broadcast channels with C5-HD)

Sky Witness HD, Fox HD, MTV Live HD, Quest HD, France 24 English HD, Zee Cinema HD (these are common with E4-HD)

You need to reboot your box once as a precaution, if that fails to resolve then you need to report your fault to VM. Check if there's any known issues first (call 0800 5610061), if not then you are recommened to call VM Faults who will likely need to either replace your box or task an engineer (upto VM to decide which is necessary).

As for the master connection into your block of flats - if the fault is there, then every single VM customer connected to that feed would be affected - and also needs to call VM Faults to report it. If they don't, and the fault is there, then it will be upto the engineer who attends your premises to identify that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your comments. I have checked all the channels you suggest (except France 24 English HD which I can't find). None of them work. 

I would love to report the fault with VM but when I contact they put the phone down on me. Is there a magic number to communicate with the company?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slam-dunk signal fault then.

Virgin Faults are on 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 otherwise.

The automated system can be a blessing or a curse here. It tries to fix many faults remotely, if it succeeds may allow you to book an engineer visit without needing to queue. If it fails, it forces you to redial and hold for an agent.

VM staff are currently taking upto a week to respond on here, so calling (with patience & persistence) is almost certainly preferable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi c4thy, 

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in response. 

We apologise for the issues you have been experiencing with the TV service, this is not something we like to hear.

After reviewing your account, i can see you have spoken to our team since posting. Has the issue now been resolved? 

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos