Menu
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

5 channels to cease broadcasting on VM 20 July

The following channels will cease broadcasting on VM at 6am on Monday.

219 Vice

293 Horse & Country - info below

https://horseandcountry.tv/leaving-virgin-media/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=...

314 Club MTV
315 MTV Rocks

316 MTV OMG

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5 channels to cease broadcasting on VM 20 July

Thanks for the info nodrogd,

Horse and Country remained on VM longer than they did on Sky so that was a bonus for those who watched the channel.

The same music channels  also close on Sky on Monday 20th

Sky are also losing Comedy Central Xtra +1 on the same day, however that channel will continue to broadcast on Virgin

Sky Animation HD launches on Virgin next Thursday 23rd July (will probably take the place of Sky Premier+1)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Thanks for the info nodrogd,

Horse and Country remained on VM longer than they did on Sky so that was a bonus for those who watched the channel.

The same music channels  also close on Sky on Monday 20th

Sky are also losing Comedy Central Xtra +1 on the same day, however that channel will continue to broadcast on Virgin

Sky Animation HD launches on Virgin next Thursday 23rd July (will probably take the place of Sky Premier+1)

Yep! The Sky Cinema app is also shortly to be removed, with all the channels & OD transferring to TV Go.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think Sky also lose them 3 MTV channels, iirc the pop-up said that them channels will cease broadcasting in the UK

0 Kudos