Menu
chloesback
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

youtube stuttering

i have this issue i have recently upgraded to the 00mph bundle and this issue started then . I have no other internet connection issues on any other devices and things like iPlayer work fine, but YouTube is virtually unwatchable as every video stutters every 2-3 seconds. Doesn't matter the time of day, the amount of devices currently connecting through the router or even the quality of the video, each one stutters.
Would love to hear of any general updates to fix this or if there is anything specific I can do to improve things.

cheers

karl 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube stuttering

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue with YouTube when connected to our WiFi. Has this issue continued since your post? If so, are you able to confirm if this has been an issue when using multiple devices or is this just in relation to a set top box?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
chloesback
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the welcome , since the post it has carried on and is just the v6 set top box 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. It's probably best we take a look at things from our end to see if we can detect any issues. 

Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can get this sorted out for you. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Fox35
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its a known issue reported here several times over the last 3/4 weeks or so, only since the last V6 software update! I think it is only effecting YT clips playing back in 1080p or above in 60Hz.

There is a Quick Fix to change the output whilst the YT is playing back a video to 720p, by pressing down to bottom and then left to the "3 Dots"(Settings), then press right to the "Blue HD" icon and adjust the output there to 720p, the sound issue will then disappear and play back as normal. The V6 box will then remember these settings for all future YT playback. However, DO NOT change the Virgin main V6 Output in the main menu settings, this fix is during YT playback only!!

0 Kudos