Menu
Highlighted
tomthemill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

youtube app sound issue

i got the "installing software" screen and since then some videos on the youtube app have intermittent sound problems

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube app sound issue

Same here, doesn't seem to affect all videos though, but the sound seems to cut out very briefly every few seconds throughout the video. The same video on other devices seems OK though. Also had the software update a day or two back before it started.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello tomthemill, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm very sorry that you're experiencing intermittent sound problems on the YouTube app since the last software update was carried out.

Would it be possible to reboot your V6 box and let me know if there are any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Dean

0 Kudos
SuperGibbon
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have this issue too on both my V6 boxes. I've rebooted them, reset the app, changed networks including trying 5G and nothing has fixed it, same as above only seems to be some videos but it makes them unwatchable

0 Kudos
tomthemill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Still intermittent

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed that this only seems to affect one of the YouTube channels I watch regularly but all videos from that channel are affected, all the others channels seem fine but the channel only seems to be affected on the V6 box, I can run up the same video on my phone and it will be fine. The channel used to be fine.

So seems like there's something about the combination of something about those videos and the app on the V6 box, I wonder if it's some sort of PAL\NTSC framerate issue caused by the format the video was recorded in.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HI @tomthemill, @SuperGibbon and @Tavis75,

To enable us to report this, can you give us more information -

- Which Youtube videos and/or channels your're experiencing sound issues and the timestamps if possible (please keep any links "clean" as we are on a family friendly forum).

- Is the sound issue evident on the video no matter the date and time viewed?

- Is it just on the V6 box?

- Have you rebooted your box, checked your cables?

And any other information you feel relevant in helping us investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
SuperGibbon
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Heres is a video posted today that I'm experiencing the problem with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7EeilgeQ8&t=13s

I've also uploaded a quick video of me recording the tv so you can hear the problem

https://youtu.be/LdXjkBAUsDc (sorry the sound is quiet as my phones mic is a bit rubbish)

Hopes this helps you find and fix the problem

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The channel I've noticed it on is called KiriothTV (I haven't added a link as although it's just a channel about wargaming, he does occasionally swear) and it seems to affect all videos on the channel but they used to play fine. So I assume it's somehow related to the format that is used to record them.

I've tried a reboot and that didn't fix it. The issue always seems to occur when I watch videos on this channel, it's not intermittent, but other YouTube channels are fine.

The only device I've encountered it on is the V6, I've tried watching the same video on my phone at the same time as I'm experiencing the issue on the V6 and it plays fine.

The sound issue is constant throughout the videos, basically the sound just cuts out briefly every second or two, in what seems like a regular interval.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@SuperGibbon and @Tavis75,

Thank you both for the extra information. I've just tried the videos and see what you both me with the sound cutting out which must be frustrating.

I'll pass this on to the correct team to investigate and hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

If we need more information I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos