Menu
Just joined
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wi fi/broadband

sorry new to this am with virgin and have been using wi fi on the 5 g band system went down on wednessday the11th and when it vame back on the 5 g was no longer available only the 2.4 and i had to rejoin this one

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wi fi

am with virgin media.and using th 5g wi band  the system went down on wednesday this wek and when it came back the 5 g was no longer available only the 2.4?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: wi fi

Duplicate threads merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue. You have up to 30 minutes to edit posts, so you could have edited your first one.

Thanks

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can check your V6's WiFi connection by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. The 5Ghz networks can be faster, but they do have less range than the 2.4Ghz - and sometimes you may need to experiment with which works best for you.

I'm not sure what you're asking beyond that, sorry.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If nothing is showing over wifi for the 5Ghz channels then reboot your hub and see if 5Ghz appears again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos