Menu
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

why do i get 2 channels mixed sometimes.

This is a weird thing and don't happen all the time but most times meaning it can be ok then i get it for a nice few days.

All i can say its like bleed over of 2 channels but only certain channels.

Animal planet HD i get BBC 1 like in squares trying to break through so the 2 channels.

Sometimes on sky 1 HD i get a channel come through, cant remember which one now.

It seems like the HD side of it as if i say turn non HD on both channels it seems 99% better but the only way i do it on Animal Planet is the +1 as no non HD.

What causes this as no interference close to it and reset my 2 v6 boxes,could it be the splitter as if so i could get a new one or shall i contact virgin to send me the small white lead that fits into the box the very short one as i would need 2 because got 2 v6 boxes,i have had the leads for years and have got a few bends in them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: why do i get 2 channels mixed sometimes.

This sounds like a pixellation/tuning issue, where two channels that - quite likely on the same TX multiplex - aren't decoded correctly.

Ordinarily the stock answer here is to reset the affected box once then (after checking the local status line for known issues) report the fault to VM to get a tech out.

Are you able to post a picture of the white flyleads? It could potentially be as simple as replacing those, but a picture tells a thousand words as it were.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

tv.jpg

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have added a picture of animal planet and bbc1 HD and if say i turn animal planet to the +1 so not HD i get it fine or BBC 1 not HD it's fine.

It comes and goes like some days it A1 and its only if i have 2 channels side by side say on the Back to either channel pressing the Last channel say bbc1 on one and animal planet on the other.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It would be helpful to also have a picture of the cable you say is kinked. We can see whether that is likely to render this a "simple" fix or not.

On the face of it, you have a "standard" pixellation/picture breakup issue - one box reboot, and if symptoms persist, there's clearly an underlying fault. You can either wait on here (maybe a couple of days) for staff to respond, or call in and report it by phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I will wait on here for a response,by where it fits into the box you can see a kink and don't really want to remove it again just in case it goes off.

How do i go about ordering a pair of these cables, being i have got 2 boxes.

Also what is the best splitter to get as its 1 in and 3 out (2 v6 boxes and router).

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All of the cabling & connectors form part of VM's network and only they should be supplying them.

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So how do i go about sending me 2 new ones, would someone on here order them.

Also what is the best splitter to get as they give out a different frequency.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you were able to post a picture of the cable that you say is kinked (it's been suggested a couple of times in this thread) that may help us or VM to decide if that's the cause.

Otherwise as far as reporting your fault goes - you can either call in via the usual route (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from another phone) or wait here for VM staff to pick the post up.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@jace1969 wrote:

So how do i go about sending me 2 new ones, would someone on here order them.

Also what is the best splitter to get as they give out a different frequency.

Hi you will need to phone and request an engineer to replace any virgin cables and splitters as the signal levels between your box and the street cabinet may need adjusting. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos