endisforever
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

what happened to my kids tv

i have been with virgin now for multiple years 

always had the kids channels nick jr etc 

my kids go to watch it and now i have to upgrade to kids tv channels 

i do not recall a reduction in my bill for them being removed or any notice of this 

my msg here is either free rein-station of the channels or i want a bill reduction for the removed channels

thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: what happened to my kids tv

Hi endisforever,

The kids channels nick jr etc would not be removed unless you have made package changes.

Which package are you on?

Are you missing any other channels?

Have you tried reconnecting for missing channels?

Please try the following:-

• Press Home on the remote.
  • Select Help & Settings.
  • Select Help.
  • Select TV Care from the top bar.
  • Select Missing channels.
  • Select Refresh my channel list to check for missing channels, and to get your Virgin TV V6 box automatically updated if they are missing.

Some kids channels were given to everyone for free at the start of the corona virus but have since been removed 

March 31st to April 21st ( VM actually allowed customers access to these channels for a few weeks longer than the cut off date)
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy includes:
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Cartoonito
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr
NickToons
Nick Jr Too

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As newapollo has pointed out, you won't have just randomly lost channels but something has changed.

Most likely is this - were you on Full House or TV-XL? If so, this used to include the kids channels but on "new' Full House/Max-it/TV-XL, kids channels (not the FTA ones like C-BBC etc) are now an optional, chargeable bolt-on.

I'm going to guess you've had a change of package, and in doing so have been moved from legacy Full House, to new Full House. Unless you specifically requested the Kids Pack added on, you wouldn't now have them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
endisforever
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The only change I made was re adding sky sports back on after football restarted

I will try the refresh channels to see if this works id doubt it though as all kods channels show there just greyed out and want an upgrade to watch them

I believe I was on full house at some point maybe it has updated and removed the kids tv when I added sport 

But this wasn't specified at the time that any other part of my plan would change if this is the case 

All I did was add sport no other changes 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Any change to your package would need you to move to one of the new packs, they should have informed you that children's channels would be lost

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
endisforever
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

what happened to my kids tv

i was 100% not told this 

it was a sales call from virgin to me to try and get mt back on sports which i did

there was no mention of any other package change at all

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI endisforever, thanks for the message and we are sorrry for the delayed reply. It is saddending to hear that KIds TV has been removed, have you been able to get in touch to get this readded? Chris.

0 Kudos