Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

want nearer area news channel

I live in east midlands but only can receive west midlands local news on itv,is it possible to change west mids to east mids? thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: want nearer area news channel

Make sure you are using Channel 103 (ITV SD) when the local news is broadcast, not Channel 113 (ITV HD).

Both East & West Midlands news programmes originate from the same studios. The East Midlands programme is recorded earlier in the same studio as the West Midlands programme (usually with the same presenters).

At transmission time the West Midlands programme goes out live, with the recorded one going out simultaneously in the East Midlands. This is where the issue occurs. There are two transmission circuits out from the studios in Birmingham, but only one of them is in HD, so while you can get HD & downscaled SD in one region (West Midlands), the other has to be SD only.

Hence in the East Midlands you have a choice of local region. West Midlands in HD on 113 & East Midlands in SD on 103.

Hope this explains things.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos