Menu
smhx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

very expensive V6 box

"The new Virgin Media V6 set-top box is going to be offered free of charge for the millions of its UK customers."

I clearly missed when it first came out, and don't remember getting any email or letter about it.

I have just got in touch with customer service. And have been quoted £99.95 per box, with £40 install and £25 activation.

I am on the top tier package with two boxes, and been with yourselves for about 18 years.

Is there anything that can get my old slow TiVo's swapped over for V6's for free?

0 Kudos
jamesduffin49
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: very expensive V6 box

Like you I've been with VM for about 18 years and got a phone call yesterday in which I was told that my Tivo box and my old V box had to be changed to the new versions as they would shortly not receive some channels. I am also on the top package. I was told that an engineer would swap both boxes in a weeks time and I would not have to pay any charges for the new boxes or the installation. I received an email confirming this.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's only the V boxes that are in the process of being decommissioned.

Original TiVo boxes are still supported kit, so if you want to upgrade them, it's normally chargeable.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try this.
Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you will get a UK call centre who are more flexible. Check if you are out of contract first - and if so you are in a good place. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky because the Tivo box is rubbish and there are some great deals on the new Sky box - and as you are out of contract there will be no £ penalty. Still worth doing even if you are in a "new contract". They should immediately default to offering you a new package deal which would include a V6 and more - just be sure you are happy with the price of the new deal and that they wont be applying installation fees (or at least they are reduced).   Also mention that as a you have been a customer for this long you would like your loyal customer discount (mine is currently -£10/mo). It does mean you will be tied in for another 12-18 months - but if that's fine then go for it. If you don't like the deal, just call back on another day at a different time (closer to the end of your contract) and a different agent/time equals a different deal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.