Menu
Woodie106
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

v6 without hdmi cable

Wanted to swap out the V+ box i have in the kitchen for the v6 i have in another room. 

Trouble i have is i ran the scart cable in through false ceiling & down wall when we did our kitchen about 12 years ago & to run an hdmi I'd have to rechase the wall etc to tv which i want to avoid. Is there a way to wirelessly broadcast the signal from v6 to the tv without spending £250/ £300 as if i have to spend that sort of money i might as well buy a new tv that connects to internet & ditch virgin as other TVs  are connected to router so not using virgin box. 

Thanks 

Woodie

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 without hdmi cable

No, the V6 needs an HDMI connection to your TV to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 without hdmi cable

If your TV has an HDMI socket you can use a wireless sender, but they are not cheap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hdmi+video+sender&adgrpid=50709371262&gclid=Cj0KCQiA3smABhCjARIsAKtrg6I... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks