Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

v6 tv box is stuck within a boot loop

The first issue that I had was trying to reconnect the box to the virgin hub after it switched off and would not switch back on again. After a few days, I tried the box in the power mains and switched on the switch at the back of the box and to my surprise the box came on. The only problem now is that the box could not reconnect to the main hub of the house. I didn't think this would be a problem and that it would sort itself out once the box had warmed up a little. A few hours later, the TV was switched off but the box's indicator light was flashing numerous colours which caused me to switch on the box and the tv connected to it to find that it was in some sort of boot loop showing, the welcome screen and then an animation with a download signal and a v6 box then switching off and doing the same thing again. I switched the box off for 15 minutes and tried the box again and the same things were happening, so I left the box off for few days and tried it again but I still had the same problem. My suspicion was that the box needed resetting but their is no pinhole reset on the box, as well as this I believe that the box needs a reinstallation of the v6 software but no software was available online, I've tried calling up and after 15 minutes the call disconnected. I need the tv box as I am paying for a service that I am not able to receive, Hope someone will help me out. Many Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 tv box is stuck within a boot loop

All sounds symptomatic of the box trying to install firmware and failing.

How is the V6 connected to your homehub - Ethernet or WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos