Menu
carmocci
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

v6 remote cannot reset at all

Hi there,

I have the same problem as many other. My v6 remote controll cannot be reset by clear + tv sequence. It never show green light. Only use ir which is not what I want. I shows green light only if ai press volume +- or mute. But when I try pairing by holding info after channel up on tivo never blink green. So no reset and no pairing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 remote cannot reset at all

I'm unclear from your message if you want to pair your remote with your V6 (as you mention not wanting IR, so presumably you want to pair it to the V6 in RF mode), or if you want to use you remote to also control your TV volume/mute?

Or perhaps you want to do both?

In any case, all the instructions to pair the remote to you V6 in RF mode and to set it up to control your TV volume are here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1

Bear in mind that the remote doesn't work with all makes/models of TVs.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
carmocci
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The temote always worked over rf. Then I tried to control my bose audio system by following the instruction already. While followong the instruction the remote changed its mode to ir. Which is something I hate. Then I tried to reset and I followed all different istruction to reset first. Then pair it. But the remote does never show green light. Neither when holding clear and tv or info for pairing. What I have noticed is that if I press volume +/- or mute it does show green light. Again it does not care about reset or any other procedure. I simply need to get the remote to rf as it used to be. I do not want to use it with tv or av as it seems incompatible in any case. I only want to control the tivo v6 box in rf mode again.

0 Kudos
carmocci
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Any update?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carmocci,

Sorry for the delay in response regarding your remote control issues. Can you confirm if the remote control you're using is a Virgin remote control or a universal remote control? Please let us know so that we can further help.

Thanks,

Joseph_C

0 Kudos
carmocci
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin one

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks carmocci, 

Can you confirm if you followed the link that Keith gave?

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
carmocci
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for your support. Yes as I had said before I did follow the link all the instruction never helped. The virgin agent on the chat sent me a new remote as I was never able to reset the remote control. It always work on ir no matter what. It never flashes green never. Like holding clear +TV never flashes green at all. Only red flashes. Now g8or yesterday the new remote from virgin and I paired successfully and just after pairing the remote again only did flash red..... Seems like the tivo box is sending a different mode to the rc. So it is not the rc being faulty but some sort of wrong info comes from the tivo box. Cna someone knowledgeable troubleshoot this properly as I cannot use the tivo. It is inside a wooden table cupboard so I need to keep open the door to control it. No safe with 2 toddler at all. If cannot fix this will need to look into a different service provider. As already mentioned the remote control flashes green only when I press volume up or down and mute button. The rest are always red and ir. Seems like its mode is inverted.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@carmocci wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for your support. Yes as I had said before I did follow the link all the instruction never helped. The virgin agent on the chat sent me a new remote as I was never able to reset the remote control. It always work on ir no matter what. It never flashes green never. Like holding clear +TV never flashes green at all. Only red flashes. Now g8or yesterday the new remote from virgin and I paired successfully and just after pairing the remote again only did flash red..... Seems like the tivo box is sending a different mode to the rc. So it is not the rc being faulty but some sort of wrong info comes from the tivo box. Cna someone knowledgeable troubleshoot this properly as I cannot use the tivo. It is inside a wooden table cupboard so I need to keep open the door to control it. No safe with 2 toddler at all. If cannot fix this will need to look into a different service provider. As already mentioned the remote control flashes green only when I press volume up or down and mute button. The rest are always red and ir. Seems like its mode is inverted.

Just to clarify:  Once the remote is successfully paired with the box then all V6 commands will flash the red light on the remote, only the TV set control commands (e.g. volume) will flash the green light on the remote.

The red light flashing in normal use when you press a button (e.g. channel up) is not an indicator of a problem - however the red light will flash in both modes of use (i.e. if the command was sent over RF and if it was IR).

Are you sure the remote/V6 dropped back to IR mode (rather than RF) after it had been RF-paired?  Or perhaps did you assume this because of the red light on the remote?

Keith

Superuser1718.png

carmocci
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You are right only volume and mute flashes green all the rest like channel up flashes red. Now new remote after pair did flesh red but it was working in rf as I was cliking button while behind a wall and was working fine and yet flashing red but as you said was 100% rf. But this lasted few minutes. Then after a while pushed some buttons and tivo was not reacting while cupoboard door was closed. Opened the door and pointed directly and it works. So I am not assuming as it does only send ir as tivo onoy rracta when pointed directly to the box. With the door closed no reaction at all. I would like to bring it back to rf only. Tjis happened when I was trying ti set my av as per virgin website instruction holding clear + volume down or up and then it switched to this mode. But again reset does nothjng so I cannot get back to rf only.

0 Kudos