cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6 recordings picture & sound breaking up

thenel
Dialled in

had an engineer out who checked cables etc. nothing changed and it's noticeably worse now. spoils every recording. I think a new box is required as I've cleared recordings, rebooted box, checked cables etc etc and still happening. had the v6 for years. can one be sent to me please? 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not mentioned any issues with live TV, is that OK?

If so, try pausing live TV and watching slightly delayed - does this also breakup? You have a failing HDD if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks. tried 4 channels 2 ok 2 did break up after I paused then played. not nearly as bad as recordings but yes it definitely appears to be the hdd. 

virgin media can you help please? 

Hi @thenel 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of the TV box issue with recordings and sound. 

From checking the system it appears the box is currently turned off, we're not able to therefore run some tests. Can you ensure it's on for us please and let us know? Also have you tried a reset of the box as well to see if that fixes?

Keep me posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

it goes off on eco mode but I'll change it. tried reset just the same. it stops sound & picture breaks up consistently. 

actually the v6 is never off? 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us on this,

Sorry just to clarify, is the box set to "Always on" or does it have a timer set?

Let us know,

Kain

it was set to eco, thought it had be changed but it is now at 'always on'. please check. thank you

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks again for the response thenel,

We'd be unable to send a box ourselves from this platform however to get this investigated again I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain