Menu
sentstarr
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

v6 making strange noises and reloading welcome screen

Had the v6 installed a few years ago by an engineer as our second box.  This morning it started making a sound like a fax machine and reloading the welcome screen repeatedly.  Has been going on for over four hours now.  Never gets past the welcome screen.

We also have a tivo box which is working fine and there are no issues in our area.  No issues with phone or broadband either.  The TV works fine without the box so no issue with the TV.  

I have checked the cables and turned it off for a while before turning back on again.

I would welcome *any* suggestions as my mother is extremely vulnerable after surviving sepsis and neither of us have left the house or been able to have anyone in the house since February 2020 as per medical advice.  Virgin say they can't do anything other than sending an engineer into the house and can't give any confirmation of covid safe practices.  It seems foolhardy to have someone just walk into the house after over a year of isolating.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 making strange noises and reloading welcome screen

Hello sentstarr

Sorry to read the above issues. This must be a very stressful time for you all, and now the V6 box playing up is the last thing you need

I can assure you all our engineers that have to enter Customers Properties will wear the relevant Protective Equipment needed 

If you would like me to arrange an engineer to come out please let me know 

I can advise the Service and Install Managers for your area of the Situation 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos