Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

v6 box upgrade free.

HI, I received my free v6 upgrade about 18 months ago. My mother in law has been a loyal customer of over 15yrs. She has problems with her current Tivo box, can she have a v6 box out so I can install it for her?

Will confirm all the details when we phone, just want to know can she get it free?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box upgrade free.

The free promo has ended... 18mo ago ! The norm is to be charged - around £135 I think - see the T&C section of the TV section on the VM "Shop" webpage for details.

Her best bet would be to call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00 is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful
She should tell them she is thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because she will get a good deal on SkyQ - and, as it’s their job to keep customers, they will try and sort her a better deal with a V6 in lieu of starting a new contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi this is something that should be negotiated on a phone call, select the option altering or changing services.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't do this, do as jbrennand suggests that way you will get a deal.

0 Kudos