Menu
emma56
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

v6 box start up loop

Hello,

my V6 box is stuck in a start up loop. We get past the orange light and the welcome screen but then sit on the 'Starting up' screen indefinitely with the alternating red and  white flashing lights on the standby button.

Ive tried a hard reset (turn off, hold down + and standby, turn on) but it made no difference

Please advise?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box start up loop

There's 2 ways you can report this box fault..

1: Call VM - 150 from a Virgin phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Choose the "I have a fault" option

2: Wait on here for VM staff to pick the post up - 1-2 days would be my estimate on current form.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @emma56.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear your are experiencing this with your V6 box. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused and we want to do our best to help. I have been able to access your account using your forum details. Does this issue occur when watching general TV or when using certain features such as on demand?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
emma56
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

it happens when I try to turn the v6 box on. It's just stuck on the 'starting up' screen......

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @emma56,

I'm really sorry that this error is occurring with your set-top box but thanks for confirming what checks you have already carried out.

I've run some further checks from our end and this does indicate a fault with the equipment. I'd like you to get an appointment booked in for a visit so will just drop you a pm to confirm some details.

Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos