Menu
coskermike
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

v6 box keeps resetting

Hi Guys

I hope you are all well.

We have a V6 box and its started to get really hot, freezes up and reboots all the time. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light onto this for me please ? Our second V6 box (second room) doesn't get anywhere near as hot as this one and runs pretty well unless I try to watch some saved programs via the first box !

best regards

Mike 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box keeps resetting

Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear that your V6 isn't behaving as it should be. I'm unable to look at both your boxes as they're both offline. Can you turn them on let us know so we can check?

Also, if you haven't already, please make sure that the faulty V6 box is in a well ventilated area and dust free just in case.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
coskermike
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thank you for getting back to me. Both machines are now on and I will leave them on until you get a chance to look and get back to me.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
coskermike
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The troublesome box is well ventilated and dust free too. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. I can see both your boxes up and can see the temp of one of them being higher than the other but I'm not seeing any errors about it in terms of temperature. Can I ask how frequent the freezing is and whether you're able to watch all channels okay? If you can give us more information, it will help us more with diagnostics.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
coskermike
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lisa

The troublesome box is currently sitting on a laptop cooling stand ( should have mentioned that) it's been on that for about a week or two as before I did that the box was freezing at least once or twice a program, it wouldn't respond well if the programs were fast forwarded or rewound, it would freeze and continue fast forwarding/rewinding paying no attention to buttons pressed on the remote. Now it's on the laptop cooling stand it's playing up once or twice and evening (typically about the only time TV is watched for any length of time) 

Thank you

Mike

0 Kudos
coskermike
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thinking about the problem more, I have also posted on the WiFi forum too for advice as we are getting horrendous broad band speeds both on WiFi and hard wired. Could our TV problems be linked to that ?? 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us coskermike,

Upon reading through your messages and looking into the errors on the set top box, I'd like to take a closer look into this for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos