Menu
mbt2k
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

v6 box in bootloop

Hi

My v6 box has an orange light on the Welcome screen.  Then starts flashing orange and an icon appears that would suggest something being downloaded to the box (Down arrow to set top box).  Then after a short period of time, the startup loop kicks in and the light transitions between white and red.  It displays the welcome screen no an orange light, then starting up on a white light, then restarts to welcome again.

I've unplugged and left off after a few hours of leaving it be.

thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 box in bootloop

Hi mbt2k,

The box shouldn't keep rebooting. It sounds like a failed download. Have you run any tests on the box via the Check service status at the top of this page?

It sounds like you need to contact Faults of a new box.

One thing you can try is  a hard reset -  BUT Please note doing this will erase all the V6 data - such as all you recordings and links.

Turn the V6 off with the switch on the back of the box and disconnect it from the mains for 5 minutes, then plug it in again.

Now hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the V6 together simultaneously and keeping the buttons pressed in turn the V6 on again with the rocker switch on the back,  and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons.  Hopefully it will complete the start up.

If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
mbt2k
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave.

Didn't know about the service status thing so gave that ago but same issue so will have to give them a call.

many thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, mbt2k,

Sorry to hear that your V6 has been looping. Has the looping stopped since your post? Are you still needing help with this?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
mbt2k
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

No sorry it hasn't. I've only just got around to trying the reset suggested but it didn't make a difference.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, mbt2k. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your messages and for clearing data protection, mbt2k

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

mbt2k
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's great.  Thankyou very much for helping.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome, mbt2k.