Menu
NickWirth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

v6 Box in a boot loop

Cycles permanently between welcome and starting up screen.

Tried reset with + and standby buttons but same. Looks broken to me. My other 3 boxes are fine. 

I can't get through to customer services on the phone and the text support is shocking. ASked for the lights and can I switch it off and on and then left the chat. What a joke. Can someone look at this please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 Box in a boot loop

Hi there @NickWirth

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post; I was very sorry to understand that you're having some issues with one of your V6 boxes at the moment. 

Have you fully rebooted by unplugging from the wall - waiting 60 seconds and plugging it back in again at all? 

I've not been able to locate your account to go through any further checks, I am sorry. Please do pop back to let us know if the issue is still happening after the reboot and we can go from there. You can also still reply to the text messages that have been sent in order to continue the conversation. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NickWirth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Finally sorted now. Couldn't get through on the phone at all so had a 5hr battle over the texting system to get acknowledgement that this was a faulty unit and new one arrived yesterday and now working. The first guy was clueless and threw me back into the queue but the next person was much better.  It really should not be this hard for such an obvious issue. It's a shame the fabulous technology is let down by a poor customer service setup.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back so quickly with an update @NickWirth - we really do appreciate it. Not only does it help us know what is going on but can also assist our Community. 

I am sorry about the experience with our Text team though; there is no reason why this should not have been handled quickly and efficiently for you. We'll certainly feed this back where appropriate. 

Hope you have a good week; we';re here if  you need us

Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NickWirth
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie. Appreciate the follow up.

To add insult it seems now one of my 4 STBs is having a "reduced functionality " issue. I'd bet they've disabled the wrong box and not the fault one I've sent back. I even gave the serial number. Utter joke.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okeydokey - we can certainly take a look at that for you @NickWirth

I'll pop you a Private Message to take some account information and to pass security and I can get that checked and hopefully sorted out for you. Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for your Private Message there @NickWirth

You were correct - the incorrect box had been removed. I have manually made the changes back for you and removed the box matching the serial number you suplied to me. I have reactivated the box you're wanting to keep and can see that the messaged have been reached. 

Please do let me know how things are looking your end after a reboot. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

NickWirth
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. Yes now working perfectly again. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff @NickWirth - thanks so much for popping back to let me know! Glad I was able to get that swapped quickly over for you. 

You know where we are if you need anything further. 

Enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
NickWirth
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

One month later and the v6 box that was replaced and working now has error code 7400 suggesting it is no longer attached to my account.

Can this be sorted out please. Can't believe how a simple box swap has caused so many problems. It can't be that difficult surely?

0 Kudos