Menu
RCHudspeth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

use v6 ethernet port to provide wifi to tv

i was wandering if the port on the back of the v6 could be connected to the port on the tv to provide internet to the tv? or does it only work to add internet to the box?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: use v6 ethernet port to provide wifi to tv

it can only be used to provide to the box.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RCHudspeth,

If your TV is internet enabled you could connect it to your router, either using an ethernet cable or using Wifi.

If you only have one ethernet cable you could either buy one, they are relatively inexpensive, or even use wifi instead of the ethernet cable on your V6 (however ethernet is preferable)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi its important that your V6 is connected to the hub with ethernet, i also have an ethernet connection with my BluRay player and a firestick, which keeps the signals stable, my smart TV works with WiFi. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@RCHudspeth wrote:

i was wandering if the port on the back of the v6 could be connected to the port on the tv to provide internet to the tv? or does it only work to add internet to the box?

The V6 does not have a cable modem, only linear TV tuners. This is why the box is considerably smaller than the older TiVO boxes.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been a long time since STBs, e.g. built by Pace, had built-in cable modems and provided internet for NTL and Telewest customers.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos