Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

upgraded to V6 box but no catch up or on demand

VHD box stopped working for catch up, and got message to contact Virgin.   Virgin upgraded me to a new V6 box, all OK except Catch up & On Demand show the ' ... is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again in a few minutes'  I know from the self install guide that it could take up to 48 hours for these to come on, but it has now been 72 hours since I phoned up to get re-activated for the V6 box

V6 box is connected to Superhub2 via 10m Cat6 ethernet cable,  I have tried rebooting Hub and V6 box a few times, but still no catch up/on demand. Also tried 'connect to the Virgin Media Service now' option in Network option in the settings.  I can connect to BBC iPlayer via app from the V6 homepage, but can't catch up on any other channels.  Network status on settings shows as connected, internet is working OK for PC (wired connection) and for mobile & laptop (wireless connection) so guessing the issue isn't with the Superhub connection.

Any suggestions before I have to call Virgin 150?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded to V6 box but no catch up or on demand

Hi Sparklydocs,

Sorry to read the above

Have you been able to get this fixed since your post?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, thanks for responding - nope not fixed, still showing the 'is temporarily unavailable message' on both catch up and on demand.  Was hoping for any tips to try, before calling 150.  However there are a couple of TV service statuses noted for my postcode area and a fix estimated for 22:40 for today for the on demand/catch up channel 100 & 998 issue, so fingers crossed it's sorted by tomorrow!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, the service status cleared but my catch up still didn't come back on, it's been 10 days since installing/activating the box (after an initial call to 150 help desk) and and no catch up or on demand.  So took a deep breath and phoned 150, after a call of 77 minutes (approx 48 minutes of that call was being put on hold, while being passed from help desk to customer services and back to help desk!) finally it got up and running. Was told that the codes on the box hadn't been linked to my account ...... surely when I first set up and called to activate the box, it should have picked this up?!!!

Anyhoo catch up finally working, so advice to anyone who gets upgraded to a V6 box - when you call to activate your new box, ask them if they have linked the box codes to your account - hopefully it will save you the pain of a looooong call to 150  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, Sparklydocs. 

It's great to hear that the problem is now fully resolved and I will make sure the relevant feedback is passed on as this problem could have been avoided. 

Please let us know if you need any further support going forward. 

Take care, 

Dean C 

0 Kudos