Menu
craigs155
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

upgraded bundle and additional box

Hi all,

We upgraded our bundle to the oomph bundle last year and at the time had a tivo box.

we got a v6 box to replace it and had an extension line put in upstairs in the bedroom.

the engineer said that we should have a v6 box installed upstairs but we wanted to keep the tivo box temporarily until we had watched everything on it that we wanted to.

the swapping of the tivo box for another v6 box was put off by virgin due to covid 19.

i have rang up today to be told it would cost £99.95 to replace the tivo box with a v6 box but we should of have a new v6 box anyway?

can anyone help with this please?

many thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded bundle and additional box

Something's not making sense here, you moved to UO and that entitles you to multiroom - I'm fine upto here.

@craigs155 wrote:

we got a v6 box to replace it and had an extension line put in upstairs in the bedroom.

the engineer said that we should have a v6 box installed upstairs but we wanted to keep the tivo box temporarily until we had watched everything on it that we wanted to.

the swapping of the tivo box for another v6 box was put off by virgin due to covid 19.

Craig

So was your TiVo replaced for a V6 or not?

Let's call your original box, Box 1, and your proposed new one, Box 2.

Was Box 1 swapped TiVo > V6, and box 2 install held back? Or was box 1 not swapped, and box 2 install held up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
craigs155
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes, box 1 was swapped for a v6 and the original tivo was installed upstairs temporarily until we had caught up watching things from it.
0 Kudos
craigs155
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

can somebody from Virgin look into into this for me please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM staff do respond on here, but it can take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @craigs155,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have been unable to swap your TiVo box for your secondary V6 box.

I have been able to locate your account using your forums details and had a look into your account in regards to this. On the day of the installation, did our team advise on what to do when you are ready for the swap over? If so, what was discussed?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
craigs155
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

we were told to get back in touch but due to covid they couldnt come out.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know @craigs155.

In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right hand side of the page and provide a response when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me on this @craigs155

Can you further expand on the pixilation issues you are having with your TiVo box? How long has it been ongoing for? Have you checked here for local issues in the area that may be causing this? virg.in/service Have you also been in contact with our team in regards to this? If so, what was discussed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
craigs155
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

getting pixilation issues on a lot of HD channels, when i phoned up to explain a couple of weeks ago i was told it was a known issue but a fix was not expected.

i suspect its because a Tivo box is not fully HD.

0 Kudos