Menu
acd69
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

unable to self test v6

Hi

I have a problem with my V6 box it sometimes flashes the tv screen white and sometimes blanks the screen this is an intermittent fault and powering the box off for a few minutes and rebooting usually fixes it but it is becoming more regular, I have been on to the virgin website to do a self test on the V6 box but when I go to the self test it only lists an original tivo and a hd box both of which I haven't had for years   

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to self test v6

HI acd69, I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the V6 box and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. Can you ensure that all cables are secure, you have done a reboot and can you confirm if you are still having issues with the box? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
acd69
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all the cables are secure and rebooting the box fixed the problem as it always does but the problem returns sometimes it is month’s sometimes only days before I have to reboot again

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you monitor it over the next few weeks and write down the drop outs. ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
acd69
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I will monitor this but the fault is intermittent and may not appear for anywhere from days to months 

0 Kudos
acd69
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Today my TiVo started flashing a white screen again and as before a reboot fixed it but it is becoming more regular 

regards

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @acd69

Thanks so much for popping back with your update - I am sorry that the issue is still occurring. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see your V6 box - but we're not able to connect to  it - it is advising that it's unreachable; this usually means it is switched off. Can you confirm that it is currently plugged in and switched on for us? 

Once you have confirmed that, we can go through some additional checks with you to see what could be causing the issue. 

Have you tried a new HDMI cable at all to see if it is the cable that is losing the picture connection? If you do not have one, I can arrange for a new one to be posted free of charge. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
acd69
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi the v6 box is on standby by but plugged in I have just now switched in on, the box this was on a long cable to the tv but I have moved the tv and used a shorter one I have tried different cables but the only way to fix is to reboot the box I haven't had any further problems since the last reboot last week 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back so quickly today 🙂 When checking the box here, it is still showing to be offline so I've not been able to do any further checks as yet - I am sorry. 

When you have advised you have tried a shorter cable - is that a shorter HDMI cable? 

Glad things have been looking ok since the reboot last week - stay in touch and we'll keep checking this end for you  too. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
acd69
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes a shorter HDMI cable as stated before this problem could happen any time sometimes it is months between the fault reoccurring some times its days, the fault is always cured with a reboot and the fault occurred before I moved the tv as well as afterwards

0 Kudos