Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tv v6 won't connect what's wrong. I get c133 error

My tv v6 box won't connect via Ethernet. Any ideas. I get c133 we error on home page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv v6 won't connect what's wrong. I get c133 error

That issue typically means that for whichever reason the box has disconnected from the Virgin network. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps:

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

Also, have you checked https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status and entered your postcode etc to see if you're impacted by any active area faults? You could also try dialling 0800 561 0061 which may contain more information.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sucking eggs I'm sure, but has your Ethernet cable become loose?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C.f. thanks for the replies. I've checked the Ethernet cable and swapped it for another one. I've tried the reconnect to virgin media and followed all actions from the online help like rebooting the v6 box and rebooting the hub3 router, and still no connection. A new message comes up now  saying there's only 3 days left before it will stop recording my tv programmes. I have 2 laptops that connect fine via Ethernet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That 3 day warning sounds like the EPG (TV guide) has stopped updating (no surprise if you have no internet connection) and so the scheduler is running out of data to use for recording.

As a diagnostic exercise, can you try connecting your V6 to the internet by WiFi? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what's reported in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos