Menu
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv screen blank

Yet again my tv screen has gone blank. Plenty of sound, no picture. I have restarted my V6 box and checked all connections. Everything ok here.

Went onto the 'check my connection status' page and it crashed with; Oops something is broken here'

Do you think we will get a refund for a crap, non-existent service, or will they increase the charges for a better service that actually shows you what you are attempting to watch?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv screen blank

Are you still able to view the menus, EPG etc?

And do you get any error message on screen in-place of the picture?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still able to get menu, but that's about all. The error codes I received initially were not accepted as actually being error codes, weird. Eventually I had to resort to checking my connections again and again, every time my screen went blank. Seems to be every time I turn my tv on I am experiencing an initial blank screen and nothing else whatsoever.After a bit of experimenting with the remote, sound magically appears, but that is it.

So back to unplugging from mains, plug back in and check connections, turn on with fingers crossed, and Eureka, I have everything back.

Surely to God I shouldn't have to do this every time I want to watch tv?

On a side note, I have no problems with streaming services like BBC,4 etc, or with fire stick, just my virgin media box.

0 Kudos
nhevans41
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same problem and spoke to Samsung and Virgin and neither could resolve the problem. What did resolve it was taking out the Firestick as i think something within either the TV or the V6 box didn't like it. All fine then but now need to speak to them as to why it does this as it's a pain keep having to plug it in.

0 Kudos