Menu
scojototo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tv need re activated?

Morning guys, roughly a year ago I got a better deal to take the TV, Broadband and phone package then just the broadband, never set up the TV as had sky at the time, but tried to set up the virgin box last night but wouldn't work, tried to call virgin but was 9.30pm and they were closed, at work the now so cant phone, just wondering if the tv box needs to re activated to work ?

thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv need re activated?

Hi scojototo,

Yes. The boxes perform callbacks to VM and if not being used they are deactivated.

You need to phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box re-activated. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

If that number can't help then you will need to call the usual number and speak to  sales in order to get your box and TV services reactivated. Please call 0345 454 1111 and choose option 1, 4 then 1 or text 0753 305 1809.  It's best calling around 8am when lines first open as it's least busy. Generally the call centres are open until 8pm, although certain departments may close at 6pm.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The simple answer is yes your box does need activating. When phoning in please have your account no, ares no. and bix serial no. handy.

0 Kudos
scojototo
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no worries, thanks for the reply
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello scojototo

Thanks for your post regarding the activation of your old box 

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you dont require any assistance

Gareth_L

0 Kudos