Menu
123-cinzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

tv guide

The tv guide has gone grey, If I click on a channel through the tv guide it says I need to suscribe. I am already suscribed to the the channels. I have to manually press the numbers of the channel I want to watcg. It also will not let me record on these channels.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv guide

Which TV package are you on, and which specific channels are you having problems with?

Might be worth checking that you do subscribe to the channels in question... https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
123-cinzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Basically all the channels barr a few. I have checked I am subscribed to mixit tv and have be for months. This problem only happened last night

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@123-cinzy wrote:

Basically all the channels barr a few. I have checked I am subscribed to mixit tv and have be for months.

Such as? Can you be specific?

Mixit is the basic TV package. Can you view channels 101-105? How about BBC1-HD on 108?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
123-cinzy
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i just have channel 4 and them some random channels in 900s

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Which box do you have? help/virgin-tv-box 

Have you tried rebooting the box?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
123-cinzy
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 box, ive tried to reboot several times no luck 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You've posted in the V360 forum, which runs completely different software. I've moved your post.

On a V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 123-cinzy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your channels are not loading on the guide. I've taken a look at the V6 box stats but the box is currently showing as offline. Can you turn the box on, leave on and post here to let us know so we can check things. 

From what you have said, it sounds like when going via the guide, the channels are unavailable but when selecting 101 through the remote, it does work. Is this correct?

After following the steps japitts have given above, is there any change? 

Pop back and let us know 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that your channels are not loading on the guide. I've taken a look at the V6 box stats but the box is currently showing as offline. Can you turn the box on, leave on and post here to let us know so we can check things. 

Also make sure your V6 is not using "Eco power saving" as this disables remote access to the box. Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving.

0 Kudos