Menu
petehenley
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv control app

I can log in to the tv control app ,but i get the message no valid tv account can be found, all other apps work ok, i can login to my virgin media and tv go but not tv control, i just want to control my v6 recordings , i can do it from the website but not from the app 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv control app

Hi petehenley, thanks for your post - sorry for the delayed response here.

I'm also sorry you've had this problem with the TV Control app. 

Have you noticed if the problem occurs on just one device in particular? Do you have another compatible device you could try to see if the same thing happens?

I was able to locate your account & hoped to run some diagnostics on your TV box, but they're showing as unreachable at the moment. It may be that they're just switched off, but can you give them a reboot via the power-switch on the back, and let me know when you've done that?

Cheers,

Tom 

0 Kudos
petehenley
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

happens on both boxes, rebooted both boxes, I can see the v6 recordings on both boxes from the website. app has never worked the old anywhere app was fine I could remote record from that
0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Individual V6 boxes can be a bit quirky.   

The only way I could get my V6 box to work with VM tv control app was by replacing it with another one.  That was hard work with VM.  It is known fault with V6  boxes.  VM just ignore it.  Please Search the forums similar issues.

good luck.

0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
petehenley
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done as you suggested, no difference  not worked since the TV control app was introduced, I will probably just give up 

0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why no ask them to swap out the box. If you don’t mind losing your recordings.

0 Kudos
petehenley
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't really want to set up series links and planned recordings again, all I wanted to use it for was recording from the planners, thanks for your help but I probably just won't bother, that's what virgin hope for I expect 

0 Kudos