Menu
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

tv & internet issues

Wasn't able to find my problems on the Select Board. Over the past three or four days I have noticed that my internet is slow in loading and my tv on catch-up stutters and stops as it attempts to buffer. I have seen that there are some work going on with Virgin Media. but surely it shouldn't be taking so long to fix.

Anyone else having similar problems?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv & internet issues

Try calling the service status line - 0800 5610061.

Issues like you describe would, by their nature, be localised - these are often listed on this number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just ran a system check on my internet and everything seems to be working well. When I tried the similar test on my tv, the system was unable to continue due to it being broken? Funnily enough I didn't receive your email to my email account but noticed it on the forum page.

Internet still very slow loading pages.

Thanks for your advice, will certainly give it a look-see.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what TV system check you're referring to? And I didn't send you an email... I just replied to your forum post, on this forum... you might have a separate issue with your email filtering perhaps?

I'd recommend posting details of your internet issues in the speed section of the board here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV problems and internet issues

I recently posted about the issues I had with no catch-up tv service and really sluggish broadband. As suggested I checked online and by phone.  Initial checks stated everything was ok, until it wasn't. Tv issues were flagged up on Sunday, 4 days after the fact, broadband still going in reverse.

Have checked again, still crap. I typed in the code onscreen (error code) on virginmedia.om/tv code. Surprise surprise the code doesn't exist. Tried various combinations with no luck.

Really getting p'd off with this shoddy customer service void. We shouldn't have to go through this bloody forum to get things fixed.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HRe: TV problems and internet issues

Hi Bryzza,

What was the error code number?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: HRe: TV problems and internet issues

I thought it was C501, this was apparently wrong, so I tried CS01. Same answer. wrong code.

Also having issues with my mobile account. VM isn't accepting my password or my new one. Really getting annoyed with VM. And my ntlworld email account is showing issues just after I had fixed it 2 or 3 weeks ago by changing my password.

What the hell is going on with VirginMedia, doesn't it realise that bad PR is bad?

Sorry to rant but this is quickly getting beyond a joke.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Bryzza wrote:

I thought it was C501, this was apparently wrong, so I tried CS01. Same answer. wrong code.

Have you tried following https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c501 ?

Please post about your other issues in the appropriate section of this board. If you want help with your Virgin Mobile account, I suggest Manage my mobile account or for mobile service issues Virgin Mobile 

0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My error regards email. I had set up the system to notify when I got a reply but unfortunately as my ntlworld.com account was acting-up I never received the notification. My tv is unable to show me any shows on catch-up, and when I check for the problem I receive an error code C501, which apparently doesn't exist. I have tried repeatedly to get a system check on my tv, on the virgin media homepage site, but this is always not available or out of action.

All I seem to get is a buffering circle on my tv. The tv is maybe 5 months old so it isn't that. I have also had issues with sluggish internet and have followed all the advice on the virgin media homepage which informs me of an intermittent problem. Nothing wrong at my end regards connections to hub etc. Really frustrated with this poor service. Unable to get any assistance from VM on phone and as we all know, it is nigh-on impossible to contact via internet.

0 Kudos
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

C501, which according to VM doesn't exist. 

0 Kudos