Menu
Big_al
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo recordings?

hi all  just wondered if anyone else has this problem ..my TiVo box has developed a taste for displaying some of my recordings with a lot of pixilation on the screen and sometimes the picture will be ok and the sound will come and go ,,its not  all recordings just some ,not on a certain channel but random things I have recorded I have 100 meg broadband so I know its not a bandwidth problem . so just wondering if someone else has this problem

thx in advance

big al 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo recordings?

It may be a faulty CATV tuner causing this issue, or that the internal hard disk is failing.

The issue is nothing to do with your Broadband. TV channels on cable are carried in broadcast (DVB-C2) format, so your box is receiving all 200+ channels all the time & just selects the ones it requires for you to view/record.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Big_al
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thx for the info and swift reply I had a feeling it was nothing to do with my end ( so to speak) as to being a long time user, same here .I started with virgin  before it was even virgin, when it was blueyonder and I was even around before that when it was telewest ....ah the bad old days of dial -up ....I may leave it for a few days then ill ask for an engineer to come and have a look.. 

thx for the reply 

regards Al

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Big_al,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the picture and some sound glitches too!

Have you since managed to resolve this problem or spoken to a member of staff regarding this issue?

If you're still in need of assistance, do please drop a response and either I or one of my team will be happy to pick this up for you

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Big_al
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes it is still happening it start a couple of weeks ago. and it seems to getting more often now  .there appears to be no  single channel it happens on, it may be any channel we have selected to record  so any advice or info you could share would be gladly accepted 

regards Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alan,

Lets take this to PM so we can pass data protection and take a close look at your equipment.

Just look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner

David_Bn

0 Kudos