Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tivo box

I had an technician today to change mt tivo box and package,it went wrong and i have to wait till the 9th of jan  for another call from the technician.I can only get 3 channels on my tv at the moment Unfortunately there is an error message on my screen which i cant get rid of ..do you know of a way to do this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo box

What is the Error Message? If it is 7400 then the box needs activating. This can only be done by phoning in to get the box activated. If this can't be done over the phone, then you will need a visit by an Engineer who will either sort the problem when he comes or replace the box.

Was a reason given why the Engineer had to make another visit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

the engineer came to change the Tivo box ,and install my new package Maxit.He told me the Tivo did not need changing ,but gave me a fresh hub.It appeared to be ok when he left ,i had my new package ,but i had only been watching it for 20 minutes ,and the error message flashed up.I still have 3 channels ,but i have the error message on screen all the time When i rang 150 he told me i deffinately need a knew Tivo box,but i have to wait till the 9th to get it done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

Thank you for your post Briantsimms46 and sorry to hear you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your Tivo box. 

Could we please confirm which error code is showing for you? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The error code is 7400.I have an engineer coming tomorrow to fix it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, briantsimms46.

The error code is to do with the connection to your box. Please let us know how you get on with your engineer visit and if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks, 

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,the engineer was told when he came last thurday ,that we needed a new tivo box,but he said there was nothing wrong with the one we had.We have been without tv for 3 days will we qualify for Automatic compensation,becaus they have alreadt added £65 to our next bill for his last visit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi briantsimms46,

I our automatic compensation scheme will automatically detect if you have had no service for over 48 hours and will add the credit on automatically. 

Thanks,

Zoie_p

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It is 72 hours to be exact.Thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi briantsimms46,

I will be more than happy to take look to see if this has been added for you if you would like? I will send you a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the little envelope. 

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos