Menu
AGB1704
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tivo box not working

Hi,

My TiVo box was working fine earlier but now it's completely dead - no lights at all.

It usually occupies the HDMI2 icon on screen but there is no reference to it at all.

I've tried unplugging and followed all the suggested steps and called 150 (no help whatsoever after the tests were done to no avail).

It looks like I need a replacement box.

How do I get this done or have my box replaced?

If it does need replacing, have I lost all my recorded programmes?

Thanks.

ANDY

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box not working

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

This may seem like an obvious question, but is the power on for the box? It hasn't been turned off by accident?

Switched on/Plugged into a socket, PSU and the plug are connected properly, Switch on the back of the box is 'On'

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
AGB1704
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes - checked and double, triple and quadruple-checked and still no lights and no response.

Is there a number I can call that you know of?

150 is useless as all I get is an automated service which doesn't cover the breaking down of a tivo6 box!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

AGB1704
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box not working - URGENT

Hi,

Did what you said but the text keeps coming back referring to reduction for Sky Sports package and asking me to reply yes to keep the conversation open.

After 'yeses', I discontinued.

I've tried calling numerous times since Friday - spending nearly 5 hours in total trying to get through to someone I can speak to but without success.

I am one of those deemed 'vulnerable' during the covid19 crisis, so I need my Virgin TV to keep me sane.

I have not been impressed with the situation with Virgin and have received better service from Sky when I contacted them to ask what their alternative package prices would be and when they could install.

Their price is much better and they can install in three working days.

I have not switched yet but I will be forced to if I can't get someone out to repair or replace the TiVo6 box in the next couple of days.

Sorting out this issue would be perfectly safe for your technicians as they can reverse right up my drive to my front door and safe distancing can easily be maintained.

Could you provide me with an e-mail address so that I can get this sorted urgently?

Trying to get through to anyone on the phone or via the website is impossible.

Thanks.

ANDREW BROOKES  

0 Kudos