Menu
Robburns
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tivo box lags

I recently woke to find my tivo box had suffered an overnight update.  Since then the tvguide would freeze on one page when trying to change full page and then jump to the next one after some time.  Now when I try to change channel I get just a black screen for up to 1 minute.  I have rebooted the box, I have disconnected and reconnected all the cables and have spent hours on the phone trying to get customer services to help but no one is answering that or the online tech support.  Whislt it doesnt stop me watching the TV I do have to turn over before the start of a show which imapcts on what I am watching.  Anyone have any sensible suggestions of the cause

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box lags

Is this definitely a TiVo, or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

Have you checked/changed your remote control batteries?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robburns
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box lags

Its the V6 which I apologise for not being more definate.  Batteries in the remote are fine and its actually after the remote has passed the info to the box.  The screen changes from the channel you are on and goes black for up to 1 min before the new channel coming to view 

0 Kudos