cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tivo 6 - box turns off for no reason

DE666L
Joining in

when watching tv the box turns off for no reason is there a fix for this, i have it set to stay all the time.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting of its own accord, has a fault.

You can report faults either by calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond - that may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DE666L,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your services at the moment and that your TV box keeps turning off!

Can you tell me if you're tried to reboot the TV box to see if this can help rectify the issue?

How often does this happen?

Please let us know so that we can look into this further for you and see what we can do to help rectify this for you.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Reboot made no diff.

still turns off once or twice a night when on hdmi

Hi DE666L thank you for getting back to us! Sorry to hear you are still having this issue with your V6 box rebooting.

At this stage it would be best if we send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can investigate further and offer some support in getting a technician or replacement booked out to you if needed! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. We can return to this public thread again with an update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly