Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

stuck on 'starting up' screen

My Tivo box is stuck on the "starting up" screen.

The solid blue and red flashing lights have been on since it was turned off last night.

Someone else turned it off who doesn't live here so it's possible they got it wrong somehow.

It doesn't seem to be an Internet problem as I'm connected fine and I've restarted the router a few times.

Please could somebody investigate for me x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: stuck on 'starting up' screen

This is primarily a customer self help forum and it may be about a week before someone from the VM forum team responds. For a quicker response it would be better to phone in.

I doubt anyone switching the box off would have caused a problem that would not have been fixed by turning off again for a few minutes. If it is the old Tivo, you may be able to get an upgrade to a new V6, If you are outside of the minimum contract period it may be worth calling in during the day and follow the menu to thinking of leaving rather than dealing with the normal fault reporting. They are UK based and deal with more than just leaving and may be able to offer a V6 and a better deal if you ask them nicely? No harm in asking.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi keziaweightman,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that the TV service isn't loading up.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have tried to connect to the box remotely, it is showing 'offline' at the moment.  Can you please confirm if the thick white lead is screwed on securely and powered on  please?

Also if oyu can let me know if the box was powered on at the time of this post that would be super.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This was answered as solved!  It wasn't solved at all 

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simonb123

I wanted to let you know that I've responded to your other thread regarding the issues you've been experiencing. 

We'd love to hear from you and help to get these issues resolved. 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s been stuck on staring up screen since last night I’ve can anyone help to sort it out pls

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talala111

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, usually we ask users to create their own thread for a member of the team to take a look at this although as you're new here, I'll be happy to help.

I've located your account to run some tests and we're seeing the set top box as online and functional at the moment, I hope that means you're no longer experiencing the start up error you've mentioned? 

If you are still experiencing the issue, get in touch and I'll do what I can to escalate this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Solid blue light flashing red, stuck on the starting up screen, Internet is also not connecting.  Both problems occurred at the same time.???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your services Liamthehall.

Could you confirm if this is still ongoing or been resolved?

If this is still going on, what is happening at the moment with your TV box and Hub? 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos