Menu
mfitchett
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"New" v6 box - doesn't boot

A while ago we received a V6 Tivo but for a bunch of reasons we didn't put it in.

Yesterday our old Tivo received a firmware update and spent all the day updating, getting to stage 3 and rebooting.  Over and over again.

After a quick Google the best course of action seemed to be to swap in the unboxed V6 and suffer the wrath of the 7 years old lost programmes and films.

All seemed to be going well - plugged in - connected to Wifi - updates to the new V6 downloaded and then the final reboot.

It now boots to the Welcome splash screen then sits there with a yellow light.  The TV can't detected any signal on that HDMI port.

Ive tried turning it off and on (Im an IT Professional) and leaving it (Im hopeful)

Is this new V6 bricked or is there any magic I can do to make it work ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "New" v6 box - doesn't boot

Hello

The new V6 will need to be activated by calling the automated service 0800 953 9500 make sure to have your account number and the serial number of the V6 too hand, how long have you had the V6 waiting to be installed ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mfitchett
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for the quick reply - told you I was an IT Professional - that was clearly the bit in the manual I didnt read....

The unit is over a year old so perhaps I'd be better off calling Support direct...

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Mark, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the equipment and want you to get this resolved. Can you confirm if you have contacted the activation line and have the equipment activated? Are you still having issues with this? Please let us know and we will aim to assist. Chris 

0 Kudos