Menu
Dinmore71
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

poor service

I have not had use of my 2nd TiVo box since August and when TRYING to contact Virgin get into a doom loop of the web site telling me to contact someone on 0345 454 1111 which then tells me to visit their web site. I have done all the usual stuff of switching off; them sending a test signal etc.

There is no way that I can contact anyone at Virgin about the problem. Their customer service is truly awful( non existent) I am seriously thinking of stopping my Direct debit to see if they will contact me then.V6 box just states STARTING UP and then TV saying no signal; back to Virgin Welcome page etc, etc.

Back to SKY for me ASAP. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor service

@Dinmore71 wrote:

I have not had use of my 2nd TiVo box since August and when TRYING to contact Virgin get into a doom loop of the web site telling me to contact someone on 0345 454 1111 which then tells me to visit their web site. I have done all the usual stuff of switching off; them sending a test signal etc.

You've not actually said what the issue with your box is? (see below comments)

@Dinmore71 wrote:

I am seriously thinking of stopping my Direct debit to see if they will contact me then.V6 box just states STARTING UP and then TV saying no signal; back to Virgin Welcome page etc, etc.

On the assumption this is the problem, then you do indeed need to call VM and report it. I'd question why you'd not reported this back in August - that's nigh-on 5months! All the same...

Only you can decide whether cancelling your D/D is something you want to do, but as to what the outcome will be, I'll advise on some possibilities.

The missed payments process will be instigated - you'll likely get (in no particular order) reminders, services suspended, and entries on your credit file. I very much doubt a VM faults agent will call you. It certainly won't cancel your contract with VM, that's for sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dinmore71
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor service

I have been trying since August to get this resolved. 

The problem is I get a welcome message from the TiVo box, then a start up message, then a no signal message; It then keeps going through the same routine.

I had other problems up until January with my old box that I couldn't resolve but I did receive a TiVo box from them on January 11th. I followed the setup instructions to the letter and have since had the loop routine described above. I need an engineer out but can't get on contact anyone at Virgin. 

0 Kudos