cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixelated programmes

SeanB1972
On our wavelength

Good morning, 

I’m reaching out on here for some assistance, I’m finding myself increasing frustrated with that standard response from the usual contact number for help via the phone. 

in short, for the last 8 weeks I have had various forms of pixelation on my V6 box. 
I took it upon myself to go through the following fault findings and still it’s the same. 
changed HDMI cable, switched boxes ( 4 installed ) rebooted, tightened white cables. 
what I have noticed is that in the evening it becomes primarily worse. 

Please can someone point me in the right direction as ringing the call centre just doesn’t work. 

Regards , Sean 

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll give the standard advice that I'd give to any "my picture is pixellating" query... with a few added bits...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

The HDMI lead can be the problem if all video sources are equally affected - including OnDemand & streaming. A signal fault will affect live TV and the resultant recordings. A hard drive fault will affected all recorded content including paused & delayed TV - but live broadcasts won't be affected.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SeanB1972
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info, 

I’ve exhausted all the info that you have advised and it’s no different. I refuse to waste anymore time with the I have a fault with my tv service. As that has got me nowhere. 

would appreciate any further advise anyone could offer 

TIA

Sean 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case, as per the final sentence in my previous post, VM staff respond on here on a 2-3 day response basis.

Bear in mind all they know of your service issues is what you've posted on here, and some remote diagnostic tools. So any further info on your symptoms will help them when they come to respond. I alluded to this in my first post, but I'll now be explicit.

Does this pixellation issue affect... Live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand/streaming? Or a combination - in which case, which ones?

You've also mentioned "switched boxes 4 installed" - does this mean you've had 4 tech visits that have failed to rectify? That would suggest an external fault. Or that you've got multiroom boxes and only particular ones are affected? That would suggest a box or internal cabling problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SeanB1972
On our wavelength

Thanks again for the prompt reply Japitts I do appreciate it. in answer to your question.

it hasn’t so far effected recorded programmes, live Tv in the evening seems to be the worse. 
I find it more on the on demand services, 

I have 4 boxes installed and I have switched them around the house and it’s the same on each box. I have had no tech visits for the Pixelation issue 

regards

sean 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're having issues with both live TV & OnDemand, that tends to point at the HDMI connection to your TV.

Have you ruled this out by using alternate cables/ports?

SeanB1972
On our wavelength

That was my initial thought so I purchased new cable and switched through the ports and it’s still the same. But then moved away from this thought as it’s happening on all the boxes. 

However, can you actually believe today it hasn’t pixelated once 🙈🙈🙈 will monitor it throughout the evening as that’s when it’s usually at it’s worse. 

thanks again for all your assistance 

Good Evening @SeanB1972, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the recent pixilation issues on your TV services.

Has the recent positive change continued, or have pixilation issues since returned on your set top box?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good evening David, 

Unfortunately it hasn’t changed and I’m all out of ideas so would be grateful for any advise you can offer. As per my earlier posts it appears to be worse in the evening. 

Regards

sean 

Hi Sean,

I'd like to run some further tests and look into this closer so will drop you a PM now. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs