Menu
GaryMel
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

picture pixelating

reported pixelating picture few weeks ago on sky hd channels.

Sky cinema, sky sport, sky one, sky news etc. non HD channels (sky one sky news) fine.

Supposedly sorted although no engineer, but it is happening again. So much so it is impossible to watch. tried all lines to report fault but no luck. Phoning no answer despite on hold for over an hour, done the messaging and the texting, the "check your status" section doesn't even work just says ooops not working at the moment which it was saying weeks ago.

How on earth do you report faults and get them rectified. what if actual box even stopped working. Disgusting paying way over £100 a month and can't watch a lot of channels

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture pixelating

When you say your previous fault was "supposedly sorted but no engineer", this sounds awfully like "the symptoms went away without intervention but the underlying fault never really went away"... unfortunately, faults tend to do this until the actual issue is resolved.

I can only suggest you keep waiting on the C/S lines... I sympathise with the wait times but VM staff can take anything from a few days to a week, to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GaryMel
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

picture pixelating

reported pixelating picture on sky hd channels few weeks back. supposed to have been sorted but so bad now you can't watch programmes on these channels. 

Sky cinema, sky sports, sky one , sky news etc. Normal channels (sky one, Sky news ) are fine just Hd.

Thing is how do get to sort it. tried all lines of support today on hold on phone for over an hour gave up, messed, texted and  nothing . Paying way over £100 and can't watch channels.

0 Kudos
Stanley247
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have exactly the same on BBC and the picture is unwatchable. Box rebooted, tests done. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Stanley247 

In which case the advice is the same.

Call and report your fault, or wait (upto a week, realistically) for VM to pick up this post.

Virgin can't fix faults they don't know about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks