Menu
kowolski
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

on demand this show is temporarily unavailable - 603

Hi,

Last few months I have been having issues with my V6 box on one of my TV's. On demand does not work all the time. Mostly it does not. However, sometimes if you restart the box (using the restart option in settings) on demand works. But, next day it doesn't again. 

I have tried the following things without proper success:

1) Reset and clear box

2) Set video output to 1080 instead of 2160 (in case my tv never supported HDCP 2.2, which it does on all HDMI, allegedly). This worked the first attempt and the on demand played. Tried the next day and no longer worked with the same 1080p video output still set.

3) Power down and power up box.

4) change network cables. 

5) changed HDMI cables.

6) Made sure my TV has HDCP enabled on all HDMI (it does once you enable HDR)

As you can see I have tried many things.

I have another V6 box and the on demand on that box seems to work, mostly. Sometimes I get the same error but ending in 604. But a power down and on again and its working again.

This has been happening for a long while. But now its a problem I'm not willing to accept seeing as I am paying a lot of money.

Its worth noting that I have now set my Virgin hub to modem mode and using an Asus router due to the poor performance of the virgin hub. I doubt that has an impact as on demand an issue before I changed this. But thought I'd mention it

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand this show is temporarily unavailable - 603

There's some good troubleshooting there...

@kowolski wrote:

I have another V6 box and the on demand on that box seems to work, mostly. Sometimes I get the same error but ending in 604. But a power down and on again and its working again.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around - see if the issue follows the box.

If it doesn't, I'd be checking for all your connected equipment - soundbars, HDMI splitters, A/V amps, that sort of stuff.

Also can you post the make & model of all your kit - this could help others who have similar to compare notes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kowolski
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand this show is temporarily unavailable - 603

I have tried to change them around. Worked first time and then not again. However, I will try it again this evening and post back

My equipment:

Samsung UE60KS700

Samsung HW-K950 soundbar.

Using TV arc connection from soundbar. I suspect it might be the ARC connection

0 Kudos